Teen Challenge New Jersey Women | FAQs
page-template-default,page,page-id-24,page-child,parent-pageid-27,theme-bridge,woocommerce-no-js,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,columns-4,qode-theme-ver-9.1.3,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-,vc_responsive



How can I book the choir or church presentation?
Click here to discover more about hosting a Teen Challenge Choir at your church, school or community event.

When are graduations and can I attend?
Everyone is welcome to attend the celebration services at 6 pm on last Friday in the months of January, March, May, July, September and November at the Teen Challenge Brockton campus, 1315 Main St. This very special event recognizes those who are graduating from the residential programs. Call 508.586.1494 with any questions.

How is Teen Challenge funded?
Teen Challenge New England & New Jersey is totally privately funded by the generosity of individuals, churches, businesses and foundations.

How can I ask a question about a past gift or making a future gift to TCNE?
For all financial giving questions, please call the Program Development office at the Administrative headquarters at 508.586.1494, or email donations@tcnewengland.org.

Can I donate other items?
We truly appreciate your interest in meeting our needs. Please call the Teen Challenge location closest to you to learn its current needs for clothing, furniture, household needs, food or office equipment and supplies – everything that meets the needs of the students and our facilities! Interested in donating a vehicle? Please click here for more information. Please visit the donate section of this website for further information and opportunities to donate.

Do you need volunteers?
Teen Challenge frequently needs volunteers to help with basic maintenance needs, tutors for our GED program and assistance in promoting our events. Please contact the campus location nearest you to learn about opportunities and express your interest.

May I give to Teen Challenge through my Will or Estate?
You can leave a legacy that will transform lives and impact eternity! Simply [click here] to learn more about partnering with Teen Challenge New England through estate planning.



What types of programs are offered?
A Long-Term Recovery Program; (15-21 months) is provided for men and women 18 years of age and older who are willing to commit to a long term faith-based residential program. Restoration is provided for graduates of long-term programs who relapse. This program is seven months long.

Can I get my high school diploma or GED while in program?
Students enrolled in the adult residential programs who do not have a high school diploma are given an opportunity to study and earn their GED (General Equivalency Diploma) and must complete that diploma before they graduate from the program.

What are the program costs?
The costs of the adult residential programs are covered by generous donations, particularly of those who participate in our Shining Star Student Sponsorship Campaign revenue raised through the job skills training program that trains students in good work habits and attitudes while developing skills; and, gifts from family members who help underwrite the program costs for their loved ones through donations. Through the generosity and support of our faithful friends and partners, no one is ever turned away because of their financial circumstances or inability to pay.

Can I work while I am in the program?
No, due to the nature and schedule of our program, residents are not able to seek outside employment or be employed through the duration of their treatment.

Is there a Teen Challenge closer to me outside the New England and New Jersey area?
For Teen Challenge programs in the United States that are outside New England and New Jersey, please visit Teen Challenge USA. For Teen Challenge locations outside the US, please visit the Global Teen Challenge site.

How do I apply to enter the program?
Download an application from this site or request by mail, fax or walk-in to the Teen Challenge closest to you.

Can I enter the program if I have upcoming court dates?
Residents are allowed to enter the program with court dates pending. We do take into consideration the severity and nature of the crime to determine eligibility. Some applicants may not be appropriate for our program and will be denied admission. Residents admitted to the program with pending court dates may be asked to provide their own transportation to court.

Can I come to the program if I have pending criminal charges in another state?
If the courts with jurisdiction over the pending cases outside New England and New Jersey allow, Teen Challenge will enroll those who are facing charges in another state. The student will be asked to cover all travel costs incurred in meeting his/her legal obligations and appearances.

Can I enter the program if I am on probation in another state?
It is often very difficult for those who are on probation in a state outside of New England and New Jersey to obtain approval to enter programs in another state. In addition, oversight by an agency of one of our states might refuse to accept that responsibility. However, we are open to consider an applicant in this situation if approvals are arranged. The student will be asked to cover all travel costs incurred in meeting his/her legal obligations and appearances. We do take into consideration the severity and nature of the crime to determine eligibility.

Do you accept private medical insurance?
Teen Challenge does not accept private medical insurance payments to admit or support someone in our programs.

What if a family member doesn’t want to come to Teen Challenge?
Every person and situation is unique. Speak the truth in love. Give them information about Teen Challenge and encourage them to call or visit one of our locations to talk with someone who has been where they are. Invite them to attend a choir presentation with you where they will hear inspirational true stories of God’s work in changing lives at Teen Challenge. Our prayer is that this contact and meeting others who were once when your loved one is, will flood their hearts with hope to seek help either from Teen Challenge or through another available resource.

Am I able to take narcotic medication while I am in the program?
Teen Challenge is not a medical program and we are not trained to administer or monitor the well-being of a person who is receiving psychotropic medicines.

Do residents detox at Teen Challenge?
We encourage applicants to detox before they enter the residential program. The Admissions office at every location has a referral list of area clinics and sites where detoxing is provided.

Can I have money while I am enrolled as a student?
Students are not allowed to have any money in their personal possession while they are in the program. You may not receive any money directly from your family or anyone else. Any money received for your use will be held for you to access as funds are needed. However, gift or money cards may be kept by a student in his/her personal possession.

What types of contacts can I have with family and friends?
Students may write and receive letters and make phone calls to/from their immediate family (parents, grandparents, husbands and wives) and from people on a list approved by their Pastoral Counselor. All mail (incoming and outgoing) may be checked. After being in the program for thirty days, two fifteen-minute phone calls a week are permitted. Incoming mail may be received immediately after program entrance. However, a student must be in the program for two weeks before sending outgoing mail.

What types of addictions/problems can be helped in the residential program?
The adult programs are primarily for those struggling with drug or alcohol addictions.